Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
Pasta salad is another one of those dishes that is perfect for summer cookouts. What I also love about this gluten-free pasta salad is that it can do double duty. It can be either a side dish or with the addition of some meat, it can actually be a full meal.
Now that the weather is heating up, I am starting to get cravings for cooler, summertime fare like this. A cool, salad with pasta doesn’t heat me up as hot pasta dishes do. It is lighter, and during the warm months, my body craves that! For me, it makes for the perfect, simple lunch….yum! It can also be prepared a day ahead for family gatherings, potluck dinners, and cookouts. This gluten-free pasta recipe is really yummy! This is one I will fix all summer!
I’ve also added diced cucumber to this recipe before and that’s always really tasty too. Some days I feel like adding it and some days I don’t. Feel free to experiment with other veggies. Chopped bell pepper would also be amazing in this!
Not a fan of olives? Leave them out! It really is all about putting your own mark on things and making them to your taste specifications! Also, if you are not eating gluten-free, feel free to use conventional wheat pasta for this! That is yummy too!
If you’re looking for a salad that has meat added, here is a tuna pasta salad recipe!
Gluten-Free Pasta Salad
- 2 cups gluten free pasta elbows or shells
- ¼ cup onion chopped
- ¼ cup green pepper chopped
- 2 small celery stalks chopped
- ¼ cup olives sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast or water packed tuna optional
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or Sucanat
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
- Drain and fully rinse with cold water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, onion, green pepper, celery, olives and chicken or tuna (optional).
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients
- Mix well.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over the pasta and veggies and lightly mix through.
- Cover and allow to chill for several hours to allow the flavors to meld fully.