Pasta salad is another one of those dishes that is perfect for summer cookouts. What I also love about this dish is that it can be either a side dish or with the addition of some meat, it can actually be a full meal.
Now that the weather is heating up, I am starting to get cravings for cooler, summertime fare like this. For me, it makes for the perfect, simple lunch….yum! It can also be prepared a day ahead for family gatherings, potluck dinners and cookouts. This recipe is really yummy! This is one I will fix all summer!
Not a fan of olives? Leave them out! It really is all about putting your own mark on things and making them to you taste specifications!
- 2 cups gluten free pasta, elbows or shells
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 small celery stalks, chopped
- ¼ cup olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast or water packed tuna (optional)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or Sucanat
- 1 tbsp brown mustard
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
- Drain and fully rinse with cold water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pasta, onion, green pepper, celery, olives and chicken or tuna (optional).
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients
- Mix well.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over the pasta and veggies and lightly mix through.
- Cover and allow to chill for several hours to allow the flavors to meld fully.
- To use this as a side dish, omit the chicken or tuna. This dish can be prepared a day in advance. Feel free to add or leave out any veggies that you don’t like!