This slow cooker mushroom chicken is so simple to make and so tasty too! Of course, the slow cooker is my favorite small appliance to use, and recipes like this are the result. If I could recommend one small appliance for those who are single, a slow cooker would be on the top of my list! There are so many meals that you can make that require very little prep, but still allow you to create foods that are so much better for your body and health than restaurant and convenience foods.
I enjoy it on those days when I don’t have a lot of time to put together a meal, but still want a home cooked meal.
This is truly one of the fastest prep, throw and go recipes that I make. It makes prep a breeze and makes for an easy dinner! This meal can be made gluten or grain free…depending on the soup you use. If the cream of mushroom soup is gluten or grain free, then your meal will be too!
Often, I will use homemade cream of mushroom soup, but occasionally I enjoy this organic soup, which is grain free!
To make the meal complete, cook up some brown rice. If you are eating rain free, try cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles. And steam some veggies too to boost the nutrient levels of your meal.
This meal is for two people, but it’s perfect to make if you are okay with eating leftovers because it gives you two different meals!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or 4 boneless, skinless thighs
- 3/4 cups homemade or 1/2 container organic cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Spray the crock of the slow cooker with organic olive oil spray.
- Put the chicken, soup, mushrooms, minced onion, sea salt and black pepper into crock
- Cook on low for 8 hours (if chicken is frozen) or 6 hours (if chicken is thawed)