What could be a more simple summertime meal that grilled kabobs?
Summertime is the perfect time to get out of the kitchen and grill out. And there are some great options for real food eaters when it comes to whole foods from the grill. Make sure to go into your garden or to your local farmer’s market and pick up some great, fresh produce that you can use. You really are only limited by your own imagination!
This grilled meal is super versatile and super easy and will make for a quick summer dinner! You can use your choice of meats. My favorite is steak….but I enjoy chicken too!
This recipe is both naturally gluten and grain free!
- 1 pound of shrimp or lean beef or chicken that has been cut into large chunks.
- Variety of veggies cut into chunks (mushrooms, onion, cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers, squash, etc)
- Bamboo skewers
- Put chunks of veggies and meat on the skewers, alternating according to your tastes.
- Grill until meat is fully cooked (look below for temperature safety guide).
- Check your meat with a meat thermometer. Meat should be cooked as follows: Beef: 145-170 degrees (145 is rare and 170 is well done) Chicken: 165 degrees Pork: 160-170 degrees Fruit, such as pineapple is also great with chicken and shrimp kabobs. You can also make all fruit kabobs which make a simple, yummy summer dessert!