Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
One thing that you have been wanting is more breakfast ideas. And a fresh vegetable omelette like this one makes a great breakfast or brunch. But omelettes aren’t just for breakfast or brunch anymore! This recipe is simple, smells heavenly and tastes even better.
The omelette is perfect for summertime when your garden or the local farmer’s market is full of great fresh produce! I really love going down and picking up fresh produce from one of the farmers at my local market, and coming home and whipping up and omelette! I buy my eggs locally as well, and so the flavor is truly amazing! And you can customize this dish to your own preferences and according to which fresh veggies you have on hand like I do!!
If possible, use free-range, cage-free eggs which have a great balance of omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids and are higher in vitamin D, E and A….don’t forget downright yummy!
Don’t forget to sprinkle on some freshly grated cheese….or a little fresh goat cheese! Yum!!
This dish is naturally both gluten and grain-free.
Fresh Vegetable Omelette (Recipes for One)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp whole milk raw preferred
- 2 tsp real butter you can substitute olive oil or extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½-2 cups of seasonal fresh vegetables chopped
- Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
- Ground pepper to taste
- ½ tsp. oregano fresh or dried
- ½ tsp. basil fresh or dried
- 1 tbsp pecorino romano cheese grated (raw preferred)
- Add olive oil to saute pan. Add the vegetables, a pinch of sea salt, oregano and basil. Allow mixture to cook until the veggies begin releasing water and are cooked to your desired consistency (some prefer their veggies to retain their crispness, others, like them cooked more thoroughly
- Melt the butter over low heat in omelette pan.
- In mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper and whisk well. Add to omelette pan.
- Cook eggs over medium heat until well set. At this point you should be able to carefully flip the eggs over and cook the other side.
- Place cooked eggs on a plate and top with veggies on one half of the eggs. Sprinkle on ½ of the grated cheese and fold the other half of the eggs over top.
- Top with the remaining cheese and enjoy!