Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
One of my favorite side dishes/main dishes during the warm summer months are salads of all types. I love the versatility of pasta salads like this taco pasta salad. I love the different flavors that can be added to this pasta salad that can really make it completely different every time. Just look in the notes for some ideas for adapting this taco pasta salad….or get creative and add your own!
I love pairing this salad with grilled cilantro lime chicken. It also pairs well with grass-fed burgers that are topped with some Monterey Jack cheese and avocado slices. That makes for a wonderful South of the Border dinner. This pasta keeps well and is actually even better the next day once all of the flavors have had a chance to meld together!
If the pasta gets a little too dry the next day, just add a little bit of extra virgin olive oil to moisten it up a bit!
This recipe is perfect for picnics, cookouts, and potlucks year-round. But it is especially great during the summer months when the garden is providing some great fresh produce!
It is a tasty gluten-free pasta dish!
Taco Pasta Salad
- 2 cups gluten free rotini pasta uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups of black beans soaked and cooked or 1 can organic black beans
- 1/2 cup sweet onion diced
- 1/2 cup organic frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 cup green pepper diced
- 1/2 cup black olives sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes quartered
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 3-4 tsp taco seasoning mix
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool fully.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly until taco seasoning has fully coated the pasta.
- Chill until ready to serve.