One of my favorite side dishes/main dishes during the warm summer months are salads of all types. I love the versatility of pasta salads like this taco pasta salad. I love the different flavors that can be added to this pasta salad that can really make it completely different every time. Just look in the notes for some ideas for adapting this taco pasta salad….or get creative and add your own!
I love pairing this salad with grilled cilantro lime chicken. It also pair well with grass fed burgers that are topped with some Monterey Jack cheese and avocado slices. That makes for a wonderful South of the Border dinner. This pasta keeps well and is actually even better the next day once all of the flavors have had a chance to meld together!
If the pasta gets a little too dry the next day, just add a little bit of extra virgin olive oil to moisten it up a bit!
This recipe is perfect for picnics, cookouts and potlucks year round. But it is especially great during the summer months when the garden is providing some great fresh produce!
It is a tasty gluten free pasta dish!
- 2 cups gluten free rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups of black beans, soaked and cooked or 1 can organic black beans
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/2 cup organic frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 tsp taco seasoning mix
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and allow to cool fully.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly until taco seasoning has fully coated the pasta.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- This recipe is really easy to adapt and make your own. Some tasty additions to this are: 1. Chopped avocado 2. Shredded cheddar cheese 3. Green chilies 4. Sliced jalapenos. To make this a main dish, simply add some shredded chicken or beef!