Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
Have you ever made sprouted wheat bread in your breadmaker? It is every bit as good as traditional wheat bread!
I will admit that I really LOVE fresh bread. The kind that smells so good baking and that you can slice while it’s still warm and top with butter which melts all over it. And maybe a little raw honey or homemade strawberry preserves. Mmmm….am I making your mouth water yet?
I had been making whole wheat bread in my breadmaker for years. I made the switch because I was frustrated with some of the ingredients that I found in store-bought bread and wanted to make bread that I was comfortable eating because I knew exactly what was in it. And I had perfected my traditional wheat bread in the breadmaker. When I first learned about sprouted grains I wanted to challenge myself to make a breadmaker bread that works with sprouted wheat. The two different types of flour work very differently and so I had to try a few different times to get one that worked in the breadmaker!
Working with sprouted wheat
I have really enjoyed working with sprouted wheat. Of course, there are benefits for your health, such as a reduced amount of gluten, and no anti-nutrients which allow you to get a whole lot more nutrients.
So, as promised, here is the recipe for homemade bread that I made in my breadmaker. I have tried it with a couple of different options, but this is my favorite! I purchase the sprouted wheat flour that I used in the recipe in bulk online from To Your Health Sprouted Flour Company. This bread is not too dense and is perfect for sandwiches! You can actually use molasses in place of the honey in this recipe and it is also very yummy!
Breadmaker Sprouted Wheat Bread
- 1 1/2 cups water plus 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp local honey
- 2 tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups sprouted wheat flour
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- Add the water, honey, oil and salt to the baking pan of your machine.
- Pour in the flour.
- Create a little well in the top of the flour mixture with your finger.
- Add the active dry yeast to the little created well.
- Place the pan into the machine and close the lid.
- Select the menu setting for Whole Wheat.
- Chose the loaf size 1.5 lb.
- Choose the crust color of your choice.
- Press the start button.
- Once the bread has finished baking, take the bread pan out and allow the loaf to cool on a wire rack.