This recipe for stuffed green peppers is one of those great comfort food classic meals that is absolutely perfect for a weeknight meal. The recipe is super easy to create and so yummy. Each stuffed green pepper half is hearty and will keep you filled up for quite awhile. I love making these during the cooler months when turning on the oven will not overheat my house.
We also have a version of these stuffed peppers with the directions to cook them in the slow cooker, not the oven! These are just a little different, so be sure to read that recipe if you wish to make it!
When making this recipe, there is only one brand of rice that I use and that I would ever recommend. The Lungberg company out of California. This is due to problems with imported rice containing unhealthy levels of heavy metals. The rice from the Lundberg company has been tested for heavy metals and has shown virtually no heavy metal contamination!
This recipe is also gluten free.
Here is the recipe for two!
Here’s the full recipe!
- 3 green bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup rice, soaked and cooked
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In skillet brown the ground beef, onion and garlic
- Drain beef mixture
- Add rice, seasonings and half of the cheese to the mixture.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Stuff peppers with mixture.
- Place stuffed peppers in 8x8 baking dish
- Top with diced tomatoes
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.