So I’m still continuing my quest to create good, simple slow cooker meals. This week I wanted to do an Asian flavored dish….especially since so many Asian restaurants favor using MSG in their food. I love the flavors of the onion, garlic and ginger in this dish and it is perfect served over rice! You can use either organic fermented soy sauce or coconut aminos if you don’t tolerate soy well. You really won’t be able to tell much of a difference. And thus, the slow cooker broccoli beef recipe was born!
This recipe is also gluten free and can be grain free if you serve over cauliflower “rice”. I actually like to add cauliflower along with the broccoli in this dish to add an extra vegetable and it’s really yummy!
This recipe can be done in advance as a freezer meal for those who like to do once a month cooking to make is an even quicker meal to prepare! That recipe is right below!
- 2 lbs stew meat, grass fed preferred
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos or organic soy sauce
- 1 cup homemade beef broth or bone broth
- 1 pkg organic frozen broccoli or 1 bunch of broccoli, with the florets chopped off.
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place all ingredients except broccoli into slow cooker.
- Add broth
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Add broccoli and cook for another 1-2 hours (1 for frozen broccoli and 2 for fresh)