Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
The fall season is pumpkin season and the time to bake all kinds of wonderful pumpkin goodies! For traditional food eaters, this is no exception and so I have created a wonderful sprouted pumpkin bread recipe. This bread uses sprouted wheat flour that is easier to digest and contains far more nutrients than regular flour. This bread will fill your house with incredible smells and your mouth with incredible tastes. It also makes a wonderful gift!
It tastes like pumpkin pie….in a loaf! Top with some real butter for a tasty treat. You can also pair it with your favorite soup or stew for a nice meal.
Sprouted Pumpkin Bread
This sweet quick bread is perfect for the fall when pumpkins are plentiful. It tastes like pumpkin pie...but in a bread!
1 hour, 15 minutes
1 hour, 30 minutes
- 7.5 oz. pumpkin puree, homemade is best!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1 tsp real vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups sprouted wheat or spelt flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with extra virgin coconut oil or butter.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine sprouted flour, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and allspice. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add pumpkin puree, eggs, coconut oil, water, coconut sugar and vanilla. Mix well.
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until completely mixed.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 65-70 minutes. Bread will be done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool for 10-15 minutes and remove it from pan onto a wire rack to cool fully.