Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I have been wanting to make this sprouted zucchini bread for a long time, but finally got around to it. Because of that, I have started experimenting with different quick bread recipes. I love to be able to pair them with homemade soups and stews as a nice side dish. I have to say that I just love this sprouted zucchini bread!
It is sweet and full of cinnamon goodness. The best part is that it is full of wonderful zucchini….but no one will NEVER know! A perfect pairing with a great slow cooker soup or stew on a cold day. Top it with some fresh butter and yum! Your family will definitely want seconds….and maybe thirds of this great bread!
One of the benefits of using sprouted wheat is that it is much lower in gluten and other anti-nutrients. It allows any food that it is used in to be much higher in nutrients and it’s easier on the digestion as well.
I used this sprouted flour in this recipe and it works very well!
Sprouted Zucchini Bread
- 1 1/2 cups sprouted wheat or spelt flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp baking powder
- dash allspice
- 1 large egg and one egg white
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup turbinado sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 cup zucchini peeled and grated
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheatoven to 325 degrees F.
- Greasea 9×5 loaf pan with extra virgin coconut oil or butter.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the sprouted flour, cinnamon, baking soda, sea salt, baking powder, and allspice and mix together. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the whole egg and egg white and beat until slightlyfoamy.
- Add the melted coconut oil and sugar and mix.
- Add the zucchini and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredient mixture and mix well. The batter will appear lumpy.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 55-65 minutes. Bread will be done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.