I am a girl who happens to love chocolate! And some times I am looking for a clean, healthy chocolate fix. The good news is that having a little dark chocolate is actually good for you! Dark chocolate (above 70%) is high in antioxidants. So are strawberries. Therefore, these chocolate covered strawberries are a healthier option than other desserts!
These juicy little treats are the perfect chocolate dessert for the summertime. But they are also great for entertaining. They are a huge crowd pleaser and very simple to make! Perfect for parties any time of the year!
If you are trying to avoid chocolate, you can use carob chips instead.
As long as you purchase a grain free chocolate, these delectable berries are gluten and grain free!
- 16 oz. package fresh strawberries
- 10-12 oz package of dark chocolate chips (70%) or carob chips
- Wash the strawberries, pat dry and set aside.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler
- Dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate and place on waxed paper.
- Put the dipped strawberries in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened.
- Store in an airtight container.