Cooking real food does NOT need to mean that you should spend hours in the kitchen. And this chicken cacciatore for the slow cooker is proof of that! I am on a mission to show singles that they don’t have to live on takeout food and frozen dinners! You can have healthy, yummy and delicious meals without having to be a gourmet chef and spending tons of time in the kitchen!
If you’ve been following me for awhile, how many times have you seen me say that I absolutely love simple, tasty dishes? A lot! Although I love to cook, I do have busy days when I just plain ole have other things that need my attention. On those days, it is important for me to have my arsenal of quick to prepare meals that I can throw together and go. That’s why the slow cooker is my best friend!
I always get such moist, tender meat from meals that require me to just throw everything in the crock, turn it on and let it cook all day! This recipe is no exception. I used pastured chicken breasts that came out so tender that I couldn’t keep them whole! I actually had to shred them in the slow cooker because every time I tried to lift them out, they fell apart further.
And my house smelled like an Italian restaurant by the time dinner was ready. You can have this meal ready to cook in 10-15 minutes!
- 1/2 lb chicken breasts or thighs-boneless and skinless
- 1/2 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes, organic and no salt added
- 1/2 14.5 oz can of tomato sauce, organic and no salt added
- 1/4 bell pepper, chopped (color does not matter!)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- Throw all ingredients into your slow cooker.
- Turn on low and cook for 7-8 hours.