This is a recipe that my Mom has been making for quite a long time. The great part is that it calls for plenty of great butter….yum! I’ve gone and made a few changes to it and made it for the first time tonight and the hubby absolutely loved it!
I make this using homemade breadcrumbs from sprouted bread and it works really well. But you can also use regular homemade whole wheat breadcrumbs as well and both work very well. If you eat gluten free, then try some gluten free breadcrumbs for a great gluten free meal.
I love pairing this dish with mashed or roasted potatoes and some veggies for a really amazing dinner!
- 1 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ¼ cup sprouted, whole wheat or gluten free bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp lemon pepper
- ⅛ tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sea salt, black pepper, lemon pepper and oregano.
- Dip each side of chicken breast into bread crumb mixture.
- Coat each side of the chicken breast with butter, sprinkling additional crumb mixture on where needed.
- Place in a large baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.