This is a recipe that my Mom has been making for quite a long time. The great part is that it calls for plenty of great butter….yum! I’ve gone and made a few changes to it and made it for the first time tonight and the hubby absolutely love it!
I make this using homemade breadcrumbs from sprouted bread and it works really well. But you can also use regular homemade whole wheat breadcrumbs as well and both work very well!
I love pairing this dish with mashed or roasted potatoes and some veggies for a really amazing dinner!
- 1 pounds chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- ¼ cup sprouted bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- ¼ tsp unrefined sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp lemon pepper
- ⅛ tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sea salt, black pepper, lemon pepper and oregano.
- Dip each side of chicken breast into bread crumb mixture.
- Coat each side of the chicken breast with butter, sprinkling additional crumb mixture on where needed.
- Place in a large baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.