Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I am all for comfort foods. In fact, there are some nights when you just need food that is comforting to your spirit. But being who I am, I am all for comfort foods that are really easy to make too. I don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. There are just too many other things that need to be done! This slow cooker Salisbury steak recipe is definitely quick and simple! The flavor is fantastic and it will leave your house smelling absolutely wonderful too! I usually pair this with some homemade mashed potatoes and some mixed vegetables topped with lots of real butter! Mmmmm……
If you like a stovetop version, I have that as well. But I like the simplicity of this recipe compared to doing a stovetop version. The stovetop version is a bit more labor-intensive. And of course, I’m all about simplifying! Also, the slow cooking time of this dish really allows the flavors to meld into the meat. It makes for a tender and more tasteful meal! It made my house smell so good!
This slow cooker Salisbury steak recipe has both gluten and grain-free options if you don’t want to use wheat flour.
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak (Recipes for Two)
- 1/2 lb ground beef grass fed
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp sprouted wheat flour gluten free flour or arrowroot powder
- black pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, minced onion, Mrs. Dash, sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Form into 2 even patties.
- Place patties at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In another mixing bowl, combine broth and flour.
- Whisk thoroughly.
- Pour broth mixture over beef patties.
- Add chopped onion and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.