Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
When the weather is chilly, there is nothing quite like a batch of beef stew to help make you feel all warm and toasty!
Fall and winter are the perfect time to whip up a batch of homemade beef stew. And if you like things that are easy and fuss-free, this slow cooker recipe is the perfect quick prep meal to make! It is hearty, tasty, and will warm you to your toes too! Classic comfort food at its finest. I actually really like to use a little less broth because I like my stew thick and really hearty! It sticks to the ribs, and I like it that way!
This recipe is both gluten and grain-free, although the potatoes prevent it from being paleo-friendly. If you eat Paleo, you can substitute cauliflower for the potatoes.
Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- slow cooker
- 1 lb cubed stew beef pasture raised preferred
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 large russet potatoes peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots sliced
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- 12 oz. bone broth or broth of choice
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp water
- Add all ingredients except arrowroot powder and water to the slow cooker
- Cook on high for 4 hours and low for 6-8 hours.
- To thicken stew add arrowroot and water to small bowl and mix.
- Add arrowroot mixture to slow cooker 10 minutes before serving and mix.
- Allow the stew to thicken and serve.