Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
Do you ever make home fries? This simple side dish is great with any meal!
Potatoes are always a nice option for a side dish when you are fixing dinner. But it’s nice to have options other than mashed or baked potatoes, don’t you agree?
I am all about simple. And some days when I need a quick and easy side dish, these home fries are absolutely perfect. It only takes about 5 minutes of prep to get this going and then you just let it cook in the skillet while you do other things, which is really convenient.
Sometimes I will add some additional seasonings, such as rosemary or dill, just to give it a little bit different flavor.
For this meal, I paired it with a bun-less cheeseburger for a great grain-free meal that was really yummy! Right up there with french fries in my book, but without any unwanted chemical additives.
Using only a few ingredients, these home fries are naturally gluten and grain-free. They are perfect with breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
Simple Home Fries
- 3-4 Russet potatoes diced small
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup onion chopped finely
- Onion powder
- Place the butter in a large lidded skillet.
- Allow to melt over medium heat.
- Dice the potatoes and rinse them under cold water.
- Chop the onion.
- Once butter is melted, add the diced potatoes and onion.
- Cover skillet and allow to cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Flip the potatoes over and allow to cook uncovered for 15 more minutes.
- They will brown during this time.
- Sprinkle with salt and onion powder to taste.