Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
This sausage hashbrown casserole is absolutely delicious. No really, it is divine! This is great for a Sunday brunch, or even for a weekday dinner. This is also perfect for holiday brunches or potluck dinners too….just double or even triple the recipe. To save some time, you can precook and freeze the potatoes. Then just grab them out of your freezer and thaw the night before. You can also put this casserole together the night before without cooking it, store it in the fridge overnight, and pop it in the oven in the morning!
This casserole is both gluten and grain-free.
Sausage Hashbrown Casserole
- 4 cups hash browns
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or whole milk
- 1 lb Italian sausage browned (pasture raised preferred)
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 black pepper
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 8x8 baking dish with organic olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, eggs, milk, sausage, onion, bell pepper, garlic, sea salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Transfer mix into the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F, uncovered for 40-45 minutes, until eggs are firm.
- Let stand for 5-10 minutes before serving.