Quick, easy and inexpensive natural air freshener for your house!
If you have an odor in your home and are looking to find a way to get rid of it, it may be easy to grab a can of air freshener for quick odor elimination. But before you reach for that air freshener, think again! What about a simple, natural air freshener?
You no longer have to use these store bought air fresheners to make your house smell fresh. And considering that store bought air fresheners are filled with toxic chemicals, natural is healthier! Here is a natural recipe for homemade air freshener that is simple to make and costs so much less than store bought air fresheners! And it really works! I have three dogs, 2 large breed and 1 small. My house is not large at all, and I was having problems with a “dog” smell that didn’t seem to want to go away. This worked for me!
- Small container (canning jars, votive holders, etc)
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 6-9 drops of essential oil of your choice (optional)
- Pour the baking soda into container of your choice.
- Add essential oil drops.
- Set out in a fairly open area.
- Shake the container after a few days to refresh the odor eliminating power of the baking soda.Baking soda also works very well to get smells out of your carpet. Simply sprinkle some on your carpet, allow it to set for 10-15 minutes and vacuum! It's great for pet smells!