Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I am so glad to find some ways to use brown rice in this ground beef and brown rice casserole. This dish seems simple, but it’s rich in taste!
I know that some people aren’t fond of casseroles, but I don’t belong to that club. I mean, what is better than a whole meal in one casserole dish? Of course, I was raised on a collection of different casseroles, so I think I was taught to appreciate the art of casseroling.
These days, I like to give casseroles a makeover, converting them from meals filled with processed foods to luscious, yummy, mouth-watering, made from scratch delights! And I’ve made it my mission to makeover as many classic casserole favorites so we can all enjoy healthier versions of the comfort foods we grew up with!
I’ve always struggled with is how best to use rice
There are some recipes that are great paired with rice as a side dish, but I like using rice in casseroles. Unfortunately, there aren’t as many casserole recipes using rice as there are for pasta and potatoes. I looked around for some inspiration and found a few recipes that were just full of ingredients that I try to avoid. So I created my own recipe using brown rice and ground beef. It was very tasty and nice and filling as well. You can use organic white rice if that is what you have. It should work just as well.
This one definitely has become a regular for dinner at my house. I still can’t believe how good it was! I think I may also try to make this over using cauliflower rice to see if it will work for a great grain-free meal. It will probably be yummy as well!
This ground beef and brown rice casserole recipe is naturally gluten-free as it is, and it will warm you all the way down to your toes on a cold fall or winter evening.
Want another great casserole that uses rice? Try this chicken rice and asparagus casserole recipe!
Ground Beef and Brown Rice Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 3/4 broth
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 1 cup pre-soaked brown rice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef until all pink is gone.
- Drain any liquid from ground beef.
- Add garlic, onion, mushroom and green pepper to the ground beef.
- Saute until onion is tender.
- Add soaked rice to the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Pour the beef broth and coconut aminos over top.
- Add the beef mixture, sea salt and pepper to the casserole dish.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Uncover and sprinkle on the shredded cheese.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and the liquid is completely absorbed.