I have to admit that sometimes I get lazy in the kitchen. I just don’t want to have to be in there for an hour preparing a meal. That is one of the main reasons why I love to have “throw and go” recipes ready for both my slow cooker and my Instant Pot. It keeps me from reaching for highly processed convenience foods and allows me to fix a healthy meal quickly!
One of the best parts of this meal, besides having quick prep time, is that it can be used as a side dish or as a meatless meal. It could even be used as a filler with meat and veggies in a burrito or taco! So many options!
Full of flavor, this recipe is satisfying and only takes about 10 minutes of prep time…then set it and forget it! It’s also an economical meal option for those who are pinching their pennies!
This meal is naturally gluten-free and vegetarian as well!
Instant Pot Rice and Black Beans
- Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans or 1 can drained and rinsed
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup onion chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot and cover
- Cook on high pressure for 22 minutes
- Allow natural pressure release for 10-15 minutes