Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I know so many empaths and highly sensitive people who struggle with food intolerances, allergies, and sensitivities. It really can stink to struggle with bloating, fatigue, brain fog, and skin issues because our bodies struggle after eating certain foods. And I’m speaking from experience! Grains, dairy, and even sugar can cause major imbalances. For me, I recognized that if I eat a lot of grains it impacts my blood sugar levels and just makes me super tired and bloated. I created this chicken cauliflower fried rice recipe as an option for those who wish to skip conventional rice.
I enjoy a good fried rice meal. But I’m not the biggest fan of going out to Chinese restaurants to get it. They traditionally use plenty of MSG to enhance the flavor. But, of course, I’m sensitive to that! My tummy does NOT like it at all. Add to that how sleepy I feel after eating a lot of rice and it’s not the best meal for me to eat out
What I love about this cauliflower fried rice with chicken recipe is that it’s simple to make. It’s chock full of vegetables, and honestly, sometimes I have trouble getting enough veggies into my diet every day! So a recipe like this is perfect. I always use coconut aminos instead of soy sauce for this recipe. It has just a little different taste and isn’t quite as salty as soy sauce. If you want to use soy sauce, opt for an organic version if possible.
If you want a conventional fried rice recipe that uses rice, check this one out!
This recipe is naturally grain and gluten-free when using coconut aminos. Most brands of soy sauce do contain gluten as they are made with a combination of wheat and soy. So if you have a gluten issue you will want to avoid soy sauce.
Cauliflower Fried Rice With Chicken
- 1 bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 TBSP avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 med onion diced
- 2 carrots grated
- 1/2 cup bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups yellow squash and zucchini diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
- 2 eggs scrambled
- 5 TBSP coconut aminos or organic soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Cut the chicken breasts into 1 inch cubes.
- Add 1 TBSP avocado oil to a medium skillet. Add the chicken cubes. Cook over medium heat until fully cooked, turning occassionally.
- Add 1 TBSP avocado oil to a large skillet.
- Add carrots, garlic, and onions. Saute over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add peas, zucchini, yellow squash, and bell pepper to the large skillet.
- Continue sauteeing the vegetables over medium heat for another 5-10 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the riced cauliflower, eggs, ginger, and coconut aminos (or soy sauce). Allow the mixture to cook until the eggs have fully cooked.
- Add the cooked chicken and mix well. Serve.