Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
Last night I wanted to fix something from south of the border. But at the same time, I wanted to try something different. So the filling for these black bean and ground beef tacos was perfect…and different than just a ground beef taco filling. Adding the beans also added some great fiber as well as stretching the meal a bit!
The result was absolutely fabulous! These black bean and ground beef tacos will always be a regular part of my meal rotation now. It’s also a quick, easy, and filling meal to make!
I typically use gluten-free tortillas with this recipe, but you can easily make it grain-free by using large lettuce leaves as your “tortilla”. That works well and tastes just as yummy! This filling works very well to make taco bowls too! So make a large batch of the mix and use it for more than one meal. You can also make a large batch of the mix and freeze it! It freezes well.
This also is a fantastic topping for taco salad. I often make extras and have a taco salad for lunch the next day!
Don’t want tacos? This can also be a great topping for taco salad as well! I have used it that many times and it is SO yummy!
Black Bean and Ground Beef Tacos (Recipes for Two)
- 1/2 pound ground beef or ground turkey or chicken grass fed
- 1/2 can organic black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp chopped green chilies optional
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Chopped tomatoes onions, green pepper or any veggie you like!
- Cheddar cheese shredded
- Gluten free tortillas or large lettuce leaf grain free
- In a skillet brown the ground beef fully.
- Drain ground beef, if needed.
- Sprinkle ground cumin, garlic powder and sea salt on the beef.
- Add the drained black beans
- Add green chilies
- Allow mixture to heat through fully.
- Spoon mixture onto thawed and slightly warmed tortillas.
- Top with onion, tomato, green pepper or other veggies.
- Sprinkle on a little shredded cheddar cheese.