Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
Summertime is here, and so it’s the perfect time to introduce some great summer meals. This taco salad is one meal that my family often has at family get-togethers. And if I’m short on time for dinner, I will often fix one of these for myself. But now, I’ve made it with real ingredients! This is super simple to prepare and also easy for each member of the family to personalize according to their own tastes…..or food intolerances!
You can also add different vegetables and ingredients according to what you like or leave out what you like as well.
If you use certified gluten-free tortilla chips, then this great entree salad is gluten-free!
- 1 lb ground beef browned
- 1 1/2 cups black beans soaked and cooked or 1 can organic black beans
- taco seasoning mix
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp green chilies chopped (optional)
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Romaine or green leaf lettuce shredded
- Chopped onion green pepper, tomatoes, avocado
- Sliced black olives optional
- Cheddar cheese
- Gluten free corn tortilla chips organic or homemade
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain any liquid.
- Add drained and rinsed black beans.
- Add taco seasoning mix, garlic, sea salt, cayenne and green chilies and stir well.
- Crunch up a handful of tortilla chips and place in salad bowl or plate.
- Top tortilla chips with lettuce.
- Top lettuce with beef/bean mixture.
- Spread onion, black olives, tomatoes, avocado and green pepper on top of beef/bean mixture.
- Shred some cheddar cheese on top of everything.