When eating a healthy diet that is mostly homemade meals, it is important to have plenty of recipes that are simple. No one wants to spend hours in the kitchen! That is where recipes, like this ground beef taco bowl recipe come in handy. It will take only 30 minutes from start to finish to have this tasty meal on the table.
This meal can be prepared completely on the stove top which makes it a simple dinner idea. It is also perfect for those hot summer days when you would prefer not to turn the oven on, which I always have to think about during those hot South Carolina summers! But I eat it year round and it’s perfect any time of year when you need a simple, yet delicious dinner.
This grain free dish calls for riced cauliflower instead of white or brown rice. The cauliflower is much lower in carbohydrates than rice. Cauliflower will not impact blood sugar levels the same way that white and brown rice will.
If you are looking for convenience, you can simply purchase pre-riced cauliflower at most grocery stores. If you have extra time you can opt to make your own. When making your own riced cauliflower, cut one head of cauliflower into smaller chunks, removing all of the green leafs. You can either use the medium holes on a traditional cheese grater or you can pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it has a rice consistency.
Store bought taco seasoning packets can be filled with unsavory ingredients that are best left out of your body. This recipe uses regular spices so that you can enjoy that taco taste…all while knowing exactly what you are putting in your body! Also, this option allows you to make it as spicy or mild as you want! Just leave out the cayenne for a mild taco taste experience!
This ground beef taco bowl recipe is naturally gluten and grain free and is also low carb and Paleo as well. If you are allowing dairy into your diet, feel free to add a little cheese to the bowl….yum!
- 1 head cauliflower riced (or pre-prepared riced cauliflower that has 4 servings)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large tomato (diced)
- 2 avocados (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- Black olives (sliced)
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil or avocado oil
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
- Add the onions and red bell pepper and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the seasonings and water and mix well.
- In another skillet add the coconut or avocado oil.
- Heat to medium high.
- Add the riced cauliflower, cover skillet.
- Allow to cook for 7-8 minutes.
- Divide the riced cauliflower into four bowls.
- Top with ground beef, tomatoes, avocado and olives.