I love the taste of stuffed peppers. For me, they are absolute comfort food. So I wanted to create a recipe that could be done in the slow cooker, so that they could slowly cook at day and infuse flavors even more. These turned out just right! And they are loaded with cheese too! Yum!!
Slow Cooker Stuffed Peppers
- 4 green bell peppers
- 1 lb ground beef, pasture raised
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup rice, soaked and cooked
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In skillet, brown ground beef with onions and garlic.
- Cut off tops of green peppers, remove seeds and clean out completely
- Drain beef mixture
- Add the rice, seasonings and half of the cheese to beef mixture
- Stuff peppers with mixture to just below the top of the peppers
- Fill in the rest of the peppers with the remaining cheese.
- Top the peppers with diced tomatoes.
- Place the peppers in the slow cooker and cover.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
Copyright 2013 Simple Clean Living