I am all for comfort foods. Better yet, I am all for comfort foods that are really easy to make. This slow cooker Salisbury steak recipe is definitely quick and simple! The flavor is fantastic and it will leave your house smelling absolutely wonderful too! I usually pair this with some homemade mashed potatoes and some mixed vegetables topped with lots of real butter! Mmmmm……
I like the simplicity of this recipe compared to doing a stove top version, which is a bit more labor intensive. Also, the slow cooking time of this dish really allows the flavors to meld into the meat. It makes for a tender and more tasteful meal!
This recipe has both gluten and grain free options if you don’t want to use sprouted wheat flour.
- 1/2 lb ground beef, grass fed
- 1 tsp minced onion
- 1/2 tsp Mrs. Dash
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp sprouted wheat flour, gluten free flour or arrowroot powder
- black pepper, to taste
- In a mixing bowl, combine ground beef, minced onion, Mrs. Dash, sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
- Form into 2 even patties.
- Place patties at the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In another mixing bowl, combine broth and flour.
- Whisk thoroughly.
- Pour broth mixture over beef patties.
- Add chopped onion and mushrooms.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 5-6 hours.