I love to find meals that are quick and easy to make, and so when I needed a simple meal this week, I thought about making omelettes, but instead chose to create a great frittata (Italian omelette) recipe instead. This recipe is good for 3-4 people, and I made it in my 8 inch cast-iron skillet. I now absolutely love making frittatas! They are going to be one of my new go to meals when I need something quick and easy to fix for dinner!
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3/4 mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp butter
- 5-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- few sprinkles of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In an 8 inch oven safe skillet, melt butter on medium high.
- add garlic, onions, green pepper, and mushrooms and cook until the onions are translucent
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs
- Add the cheese and seasonings and mix well
- Turn down stove heat to medium.
- Add egg mixture to skillet.
- Gently stir, incorporating the vegetables into the eggs.
- After a few minutes and once the eggs begin to cook around the edges, put the skillet into the oven.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove skillet from oven and allow the frittata to set for at least 10 minutes.
Copyright 2013 Simple Clean Living
[box type="note" style="rounded"]Notice: I am an Amazon affiliate and any links in this article are affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links, because doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site, and allows me to continue bringing you quality content. Thanks![/box]