Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
One of the best things about using an Instant Pot is that it is super easy to use. There can be a learning curve when you first start using it, especially with more complex recipes. But simple recipes like this are a breeze to cook! And they make life so simple. This vegetable frittata is a great Instant Pot recipe for beginners and experienced cooks alike! It doesn’t take much time to cut up the vegetables. Then layer them into the pot, top, pour on the egg and cheese mixture, put the lid on, and set it to cook!
This frittata was moist and really delicious! I didn’t add any meat this time, because I needed something quick to eat for a meal and didn’t have any meat that was thawed and could easily be cut up.
For this recipe, I used onion, zucchini, yellow squash, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. The summer squash and mushrooms can give off a lot of water, but they did not make the frittata watery at all!
There are certainly plenty of other vegetables that could be used in this recipe instead of the ones I chose. These are the ones that I happened to have on hand.
Other vegetables and herbs that you can use are:
- bell peppers
- fresh herbs (basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, chives, garlic, dill, parsley, sage, etc.)
- green chiles
- green beans
- any of the winter squash
You get the idea….it really is all about choosing vegetables that you love and adding them in!
You can certainly change up the cheese you use as well. I used a mild cheddar that I grated myself for this vegetable frittata. But if there is another type of cheese that tickles your taste buds even more…then go for it!
Create foods that you’ll love using ingredients that you love! That makes it so much easier to eat healthily!
I used this 5 in round cake pan made by Fat Daddio for this recipe. It fits in both my 3 qt and 6 Qt Instant Pots. Make sure you grease whatever pan you use otherwise it will be really tricky to get the egg off of it!
This vegetable frittata recipe is naturally grain and gluten-free!
Instant Pot Vegetable Frittata (Recipes for Two)
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2/3 cup zucchini diced finely
- 2/3 cup yellow squash diced finely
- 2/3 cup red bell pepper seeded and chopped finely
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1-2 cloved garlic minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup mild cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup milk or non-dairy milk
- Grease your pan and then grease it again! You want to make sure that bugger is greased well, otherwise that egg is going to stick like crazy!
- Layer your vegetables one row at a time.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together your eggs, milk, salt, pepper and garlic.`
- Mix in your shredded cheese.
- Pour the egg and cheese mixture over the layered vegetables.
- Cover the pan with a silicone cover or aluminum foil.
- Add two cups of water to your Instant Pot pot. Add the steamer rack to the pot.
- Place the covered pot on the steamer rack.
- Close cover and allow it to cook on high pressure for 20 minutes.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes. Manually release the remaining pressure.
- Open the lid, remove the frittata, set on a hot pad and allow it to sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Take a knife and run it around the edge of the pan. Put a plate over top of the pan and flip it over. You may need to hit the bottom of the pan a couple of times to get the bottom of the frittata to release.
- If you want to keep the vegetable side up then serve it as is. If you want the egg and cheese side up (like mine is the photo), then grab another plate, put it on the other side of the frittata and turn over carefully. Enjoy!