Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I really love brownies. And so do a lot of people! Which makes them popular at parties and potlucks. And I love easy recipes too. I needed a quick, simple dessert recipe that could be shared, and I was so tempted to go to the store and just pick up a box of brownie mix. But instead, I went through my recipe box and found a family recipe that could be altered with real ingredients. And thus, these sprouted chocolate chip nut brownies were born.
And they were so yummy that I almost couldn’t stand it! This is not a real dense brownie, but lighter and very satisfying for any chocolate craving! I brought them to a party and they were very popular! There weren’t any leftovers for me to bring home!
I did make these sprouted chocolate chip nut brownies with sprouted whole wheat flour, which is said to be easier on digestion. You can leave out the nuts if you want, but they are so good in this recipe that I didn’t!
Looking for another simple baked good recipe? Try these delicious chocolate chip cookies!
Sprouted Chocolate Chip Nut Brownies
- 2 cups of chocolate chips divided
- 1 stick of unsalted butter or 1/4 cup unsalted butter and 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups sprouted whole wheat flour
- 1 cup Sucanat or palm sugar
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup nuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9×13 baking pan with coconut oil
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter (and coconut oil) and 1 cup of chocolate chips, stirring frequently.
- Once melted, remove from heat.
- Add the eggs and stir.
- Add the Sprouted whole wheat flour, sucanat, vanilla extract and baking soda and stir well.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate chips and nuts.
- Spread mixture into prepared baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18-23 minutes.