Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
So I have had a little bit of a craving for chocolate chip cookies lately. Part of it is smelling great cookies baking in the oven, some of it is eating the cookies. But I do have my own series of litmus tests that any cookie recipe must go through before it is accepted in my house. This one definitely passed….and it is definitely far better than the preservative and chemical-filled cookies from the store.
I use this brand of chocolate chips because they are soy-free and they are really yummy! They are also dairy-free.
Another thing that I love about these cookies is that they are not really big. Some cookie recipes really spread out when baking, but this one does not. I love taking the dough and creating walnut-sized balls with it because it makes a cookie that is crispy on the outside, chewy on the inside, and is good for a few bites. Have this with a glass of raw milk and YUM!
I served these for a family get together and the kids and adults both equally liked them…and asked for more!
This recipe makes approximately 24 small cookies.
Heavenly Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 cups whole wheat flour organic
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups Sucanat turbinado sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix completely.
- In a small bowl mix the water, salt and baking soda.
- Pour mixture into the butter mixture and mix.
- Add the flour to the butter mix a little at a time, mixing thoroughly until all flour is incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire cooling rack to finish cooling.