Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
Even though it’s the beginning of April we had an unseasonable warm few days. Today it almost reached 90 degrees and reminded me so much of summer. I had my doors and windows open and was outside as much as I could be with my dogs. Of course with the warm temperatures outside I always find myself craving plenty of fresh fruits, veggies, and lighter meals. I wanted to fix some pasta tonight but wasn’t wanting anything heavy. And I didn’t have a hankering for any meat either. So I decided to create a Mediterranean-inspired spinach and tomato pasta because I had some that needed to be used before they went bad!
This recipe is quick and easy to prepare, and is so delicious too! It’s perfect for a warm spring or summer day. And it not only makes a great meatless meal but can also be used as a side dish alongside the meat of your choice.
I used gluten-free pasta for my meal, but you can certainly use any pasta you wish. You may notice that there is no salt added to this recipe. That was intentional. The black olives and feta cheese make it plenty salty without it!
This spinach and tomato pasta recipe is completely done on the stovetop, so it’s perfect for those hot summer nights when you need a meal, but don’t want to turn the oven on!
Spinach and Tomato Pasta
- 2 servings pasta
- 3 cups spinach stems removed
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- feta cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions
- Add olive oil to skillet
- Add the chopped onion and garlic
- Saute over medium heat until onions are tender
- Add the tomatoes and black olives
- 4 minutes before pasta is done cooking, add the spinach
- Allow the spinach to wilt.
- Drain pasta and add to skillet
- Mix well
- Add feta cheese to taste and mix through