Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
Do you struggle to find ways to cook pork chops? If so, this slow cooker smothered pork chops recipe might be for you!
I have been having a lot of fun lately creating new recipes. For some reason this month, I have been downright inspired to create new tasty meals. Most have turned out really well with only one or two that just didn’t work at all. But many have allowed me to expand my regular meal rotation.
Last night I decided that I wanted to fix pork chops. I will fully admit that I don’t fix pork chops very often, mostly because each time we make them (usually on the grill), they just end up dry and tough. And I don’t know about you, but dry and tough is not exactly my favorite meat texture.
I decided that I wanted to try a slow cooker pork chop recipe to see if I could get a more tender and less chewy result. I decided to do pork chops smothered in a mushroom and onion sauce. The result was a fall off of the bone, tender pork chop. I used a center cut, thicker chop, but think that I would like to also try this with a boneless chop. Pair this with some roasted potatoes and a nice salad for a tasty meal!
Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
- 4 center cut or boneless pork chops thick preferred
- 1 med onion halved and sliced thin
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken broth or bone broth homemade preferred
- 2 tsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2-3 tbsp arrowroot powder grain free, brown rice powder (gluten free) or flour of your choice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a medium skillet add the butter, onions, mushrooms and garlic.
- Saute until the onions are beginning to become translucent.
- Add broth, coconut aminos/soy sauce, salt and pepper.
- Heat through for a few minutes.
- Season your pork chops with some salt and pepper and place in crock pot.
- Pour broth and vegetable mixture over top.
- Cook on high for 5-6 hours and low for 7-8 hours.
- When done, remove the pork chops.
- Add the arrowroot powder to the broth and vegetable mixture and whisk well to break up any clumps.
- Pour a little of the sauce over each pork chop and enjoy!