You know that I have a couple of mottos in the kitchen that I live by. The first is “the slow cooker is my friend” which is true no matter how large your family is, even when you are single! I adore my little 2-quart slow cooker and use it a LOT. It makes eating real food easy and accessible to those who are single or part of a couple. My other motto is “quick and easy”. I really love recipes that don’t require tons of prep time. They guarantee that you can have a real, nutrient-rich meal without spending all of your time in the kitchen. This slow cooker sausage white bean and spinach soup fall into both of those categories!
This recipe is very simple to make and is very warming. It is great paired with a beautiful salad or a loaf of homemade banana bread! Even better, this recipe is both gluten and grain-free, and you won’t miss the grains at all!
Like many other recipes, this is enough for two servings if you have a smaller appetite and one serving if you have a larger appetite. It freezes well and makes for a nice reheated lunch as well!
Slow Cooker White Bean and Spinach Soup for Two
A quick and simple soup that will warm you all the way to your toes!
- 1/4 lb smoked sausage (uncured)
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (organic)
- 3/4 cup great northern beans (soaked and cooked or 1/2 can organic drained and rinsed)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach (stems removed)
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- dash black pepper
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3.