Smoothies are a great addition to any diet! They are simple to make and yet provide some powerful nutrients. You can easily drink at least one smoothie a day as a meal replacement. This smoothie is great because it is very nutrient dense. It also provides a whole lot of essential nutrition in one serving. That has been achieved through the use of a couple of superfood additions. The first superfood that has been added is moringa powder. This amazing plant is like a multi-vitamin in powder form and contains the full spectrum of amino acids as well.
Another add-in that was used is hemp seed. Hemp seed is incredibly high in protein. It also contain a great balance of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. They also contain GLA, which is a great way to reduce inflammation, support hormone balance, keep your skin looking great and keeping your metabolism working well.
Add some collagen for digestion and skin!
The final add-in that I use is Collagen Hydrolosate. This is an easy to digest form of gelatin that is great for helping your gut to heal. It is great for your skin, hair and nails as well! Collagen Hydrolosate is rich in protein and amino acids and helps to reduce inflammation in the body. Collagen Hydrolosate is different from gelatin because the way it is processed prevents it from gelling, which makes it perfect to mix in smoothies and other cold beverages. It is something that I try to include, especially when I am out of homemade bone broth!
It is a great idea to rotate your greens. Particularly when using kale and spinach which have estrogenic properties. There are compounds in these greens that mimic estrogen in the body. One options is to rotate with a nice spring mix.
This peach smoothie is so incredibly yummy, that it is sure to end up on your favorite smoothie list!
- 1 cups of spinach, kale or other organic greens
- 1 cup of sliced peaches, fresh or frozen
- 1 peeled bananas
- 1 tbsp Collogen Hydrolsate
- 1 tbsp hemp seed
- 1 tsp moringa powder
- Touch of real vanilla extract (opt)
- Raw honey to taste (opt)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut water or spring water
- Mix all ingredients in blender and blend until fully mixed
- You can use any greens that you’d like. Kale, spinach, romaine, spring mix or others. Substitute avocado for the banana if you prefer. Soak the nuts for 2-3 hours. This increases nutritional value, improves taste and softens the nuts to allow them to blend more easily.