Quick easy chili is such a classic for me…and here is the recipe I grew up with. I’m now sharing it with you!
There is nothing I love more than meals that are quick to fix, but that also taste good and are satisfying. This is one of those great, easy, stove top skillet meals. My mom used to make this quite often when I was growing up.
This recipe is perfect for the cooler months. If you are feeling chilly, this great chili will warm you up fast! It is also wonderful paired with some gluten free cornbread or banana bread. If you don’t like the spicy touch to this one, just leave out the cayenne pepper. You can make it as spicy as you want. I usually try to keep some soaked and cooked pinto beans in the freezer to make recipes like this even easier.
This recipe is both gluten and grain free.
Here is the recipe for two!
Here’s the full recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef, grass fed preferred
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans (3 cups cooked) pinto beans
- 1 can (2 cups) diced tomatoes, no salt added organic
- 2 8 oz cans tomato sauce, no salt added
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- pinch allspice
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the onion, green pepper and garlic until the beef is brown and onions translucent.
- Drain any liquid from the skillet.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and beans.
- Add all seasonings.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes before serving.