Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I have been really inspired in the kitchen this past week. And the other night as I was looking through my site and looking at my grain-free Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe when I starting thinking about what other meat and cheese combos I could put inside a stuffed chicken breast. I had been having a bit of a craving for pizza that day. So I thought about creating a pepperoni and mozzarella stuffed chicken breast recipe and just knew that I had to make it! So I did!
This stuffed chicken breast recipe only takes about 15 minutes to prepare. So you won’t have to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. And it tastes as you slaved in the kitchen for hours! Recipes like that are the best!
I paired this chicken with a side of zucchini spaghetti with sauteed mushrooms and onions in marinara sauce and it was absolutely delicious! Of course, if you prefer wheat pasta or gluten-free pasta, do what works best for you and your body! I will definitely be making this again!
This pepperoni and mozzarella stuffed chicken breast is naturally gluten and grain-free! Pair this with gluten-free pasta for a great gluten-free meal. Or do what I did and pair it with zucchini pasta for a grain-free dinner!
Pepperoni and Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese I used thick ones
- Pepperoni uncured (I used 8 pepperoni for each chicken breast)
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup cashew or almond meal
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray.
- In a shallow dish combine cashew or almond meal, Parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are about ¼ thick. (It’s best if you place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap so that the chicken doesn’t splatter)
- Place 1 piece of mozzarella cheese and 8 pieces of pepperoni in the center of each pounded out chicken breast.
- Roll up each chicken breast. You can secure the rolls with a toothpick if needed.
- Brush melted butter on each rolled chicken breast.
- Dip each chicken roll in the cashew meal mixture until it’s well coated.
- Place the chicken rolls into the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (should be at least 165 degrees F)