I have been really inspired in the kitchen this past week. And the other night as I was looking through my site and looking at my grain free Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe when I starting thinking about what other meat and cheese combos I could put inside a stuffed chicken breast. I thought about pepperoni and mozzarella stuffed chicken breasts and just knew that I had to make it! So I did!
I paired this chicken with a side of zucchini spaghetti with sauteed mushrooms and onions in marinara sauce and it was absolutely delicious! I will definitely be making this again!
It is naturally gluten and grain free! Pair this with gluten free pasta for a great gluten free meal. Or do what I did and pair with zucchini pasta for grain free dinner!
Here is the version for one!
Here’s the full version!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of mozzarella cheese (I used thick ones)
- Pepperoni, uncured (I used 8 pepperoni for each chicken breast)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cashew or almond meal
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray.
- In a shallow dish combine cashew or almond meal, Parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are about ¼ thick. (It's best if you place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap so that the chicken doesn't splatter)
- Place 1 piece of mozzarella cheese and 8 pieces of pepperoni in the center of each pounded out chicken breast.
- Roll up each chicken breast. You can secure the rolls with a toothpick if needed.
- Brush melted butter on each rolled chicken breast.
- Dip each chicken roll in the cashew meal mixture until it's well coated.
- Place the chicken rolls into the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (should be at least 165 degrees F)