Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
Have I mentioned before the I really like simple meals that I can make quickly? This is Simple Clean Living after all! It is a theme for me, because frankly, as much as I love eating real food, I don’t want to spend my life in the kitchen. I don’t think eating healthy, delicious food ever should have to take a long time to prepare! And this grain-free chicken cordon bleu is pretty quick to prepare.
I love meals like this during the fall and winter months. It is almost comforting to me! And I’ve served these to guests who thought that they were much fancier than they really are.
This classic chicken cordon bleu takes about 15 minutes to put together and tastes wonderful. This is an amazing grain-free version that uses cashew or almond meal instead of bread crumbs.
Such a simple dish and yet even appropriate for dinner when you have company over!
I use a nitrate-free ham for a clean dish. It’s much easier to find nitrate-free in most grocery stores now. These are great with garlic mashed cauliflower or homemade mashed potatoes and some steamed veggies!
Looking for other stuffed chicken breast recipes? Try this one!
Grain Free Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 slices of Swiss cheese
- 4 slices of deli ham nitrate free
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup cashew or almond meal
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Herbes de Province
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a baking dish with olive oil spray.
- In a shallow dish combine cashew or almond meal, Parmesan cheese and seasonings.
- Pound the chicken breasts until they are about ¼ thick. (It’s best if you place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap so that the chicken doesn’t splatter)
- Place 1 piece of Swiss cheese and 1 pieces of deli ham in the center of each pounded out chicken breast.
- Roll up each chicken breast. You can secure the rolls with a toothpick if needed.
- Brush melted butter on each rolled chicken breast.
- Dip each chicken roll in the cashew meal mixture until it’s well coated.
- Place the chicken rolls into the baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes (should be at least 165 degrees F)