Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
This Mexican lasagna is one of those recipes that was born out of necessity. I asked myself “what’s for dinner?” I didn’t have any idea and absolutely nothing planned. That’s right…just the sound of crickets chirping and no inspiration.
I happened to be perusing my list of recipes that I really wanted to try and low and behold, one of them was Mexican lasagna. Now, I didn’t actually use a recipe for this. I put it together with ingredients that I had on hand. There are so many things that you could add to this or ways that you could make it different. But this was very simple and I really enjoyed it, so I will definitely make it again!
You can use a homemade taco seasoning mix for this recipe.
Be sure that the corn tortillas you purchase are gluten-free…and then this recipe will be gluten-free as well!
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef grass fed
- 1 jar salsa organic or 1 1/2 cups homemade
- 1 can diced tomatoes organic
- 1 can organic refried beans or 1 1/2 cups homemade
- 1 med onion chopped
- 1 can organic green chilies optional
- taco seasoning see my recipe above
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups cheddar or Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- 12 corn tortillas 6 inch-gluten free
- Black olives
- 1/2 cup green pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in skillet.
- Once browned, add green chilies and taco seasoning and mix well.
- In medium mixing bowl combine salsa and diced tomatoes.
- In a 9x13 baking dish, spread a thin layer of the salsa/tomato mix on bottom.
- Top with 6 corn tortillas spread out to cover the pan.
- Top tortillas with refried beans and a layer of ground beef mixture.
- Do a second later of corn tortillas topped with refried beans and ground beef mixture.
- Spread remaining salsa mixture over top of the second layer and spread evenly.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350.
- Remove from oven and top with green pepper and black olives.
- Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!