Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I love quick, simple meals. The truth is, most people don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen cooking elaborate meals. Once in a while, that’s fine, but I don’t have time for that every day. So meals that are easy to prepare and healthy are good to have in the recipe box. This hamburger potato soup is so simple to make. And because it’s done in the Instant Pot, it’s a pretty quick meal too!
This recipe is super simple! And it can all be done in one pot as well! I was able to brown the ground beef and saute the onions right in the Instant Pot and then just add the rest of the ingredients.
This hamburger potato soup is incredibly tasty! And I love the simplicity as well. This soup is naturally grain and gluten-free. It should freeze up well also if you want to make extra for later meals! This is the perfect soup to add to your meal rotation for those busy nights when you need a quick meal idea.
Instant Pot Hamburger Potato Soup (Recipes for Two)
- 1/2 lb ground beef grass fed preferred
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 sm carrots sliced
- 3-4 sm red potatoes washed and cubed
- 2 cups broth bone, beef or vegetable
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute.
- Add the butter, onion and ground beef.
- Saute until the beef has browned and the onions are translucent.
- Hit the cancel/keep warm button
- Add broth, veggies and seasonings
- Put on lid, make sure the steam valve is closed.
- Press the soup button and change time to 9 minutes.
- When done, either allow to naturally release or quick release after 5 minutes.