I love quick, simple meals. The truth is, most people don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen cooking elaborate meals. Once in awhile that’s fine, but I don’t have time for that every day. So meals that are easy to prepare and healthy are good to have in the recipe box. This hamburger potato soup is so simple to make. And because it’s done in the Instant Pot, it’s a pretty quick meal too!
This recipe is super simple! And it can all be done in one pot as well! I was able to brown the ground beef and saute the onions right in the Instant Pot and then just add the rest of the ingredients.
This soup is incredibly tasty! And I love the simplicity as well. This soup is naturally grain and gluten free. It should freeze up well also, if you want to make extra for later meals! This is the perfect soup to add to your meal rotation for those busy nights when you need a quick meal idea.
- 1/2 lb ground beef (grass fed preferred)
- 1/2 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 sm carrots (sliced)
- 3-4 sm red potatoes (washed and cubed)
- 2 cups broth (bone, beef or vegetable)
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute.
- Add the butter, onion and ground beef.
- Saute until the beef has browned and the onions are translucent.
- Hit the cancel/keep warm button
- Add broth, veggies and seasonings
- Put on lid, make sure the steam valve is closed.
- Press the soup button and change time to 9 minutes.
- When done, either allow to naturally release or quick release after 5 minutes.