This homemade taco soup is such a great meal to warm you up! It’s perfect for those chilly fall or winter dinners!
Last night the temperatures dipped a little bit and it definitely felt like fall out. And I knew that I wanted a quick and simple one pan meal that was tasty and that would warm me up a bit. So I decided it would be a good night to throw together a taco soup. After browning the ground beef, you can throw everything into the crock pot and let it cook on low for a few hours if that works, but it can also be done right on the stove top as well.
I used my homemade taco seasoning mix instead of store bought! This recipe is naturally gluten free and can be made grain free by leaving out the corn.
Here is the recipe for two!
Here’s the full recipe!
- 1 lb ground beef (pasture raised preferred)
- 1 med onion, chopped
- 1 can organic pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can organic black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can organic green chiles
- 1 cup frozen organic corn (leave out for grain free)
- 2-3 tbsp taco seasoning mix
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth (homemade preferred)
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef.
- Drain, if necessary.
- Add onions, beans, tomatoes, chiles, corn (opt) and broth.
- Add taco seasoning and broth.
- Allow to simmer until onions are tender.