Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I fondly remember making foil packet meals when I went camping as a child, so I am excited to share this chicken and veggies foil packet meal recipe with you!
Ah, the temperatures are really starting to heat up now that it’s June here in sunny South Carolina! We’re already seeing days with temperatures in the 90’s! Of course, that means that I really don’t want to turn on my oven or want to stand over a hot stove cooking dinner.
It’s even more challenging when you are single. Since I’ve been single again for four months, it would be really easy to rely on easy convenience foods. But I’m not going to do that!
People are always surprised when I tell them that I cook from scratch for myself every day. Actually, I often cook twice a day! But real food tastes great. And knowing that I’m putting healthy, nutrient-rich foods into my body is motivation enough to keep on cooking!
Keep meals simple!
So, to keep me cooking, it is all about keeping meals simple! I think that is important whether you are single or cooking for a family. Good, tasty, healthy meals don’t have to be elaborate. And they certainly don’t have to keep you in the kitchen for hours!
I love meals that are quick and easy to prepare and cook. And this chicken and veggies foil packet meal couldn’t be much easier!
This meal is incredibly versatile. If you are cooking for a family, you can have each family member choose the vegetables that they want to include. They can make it more personal that way. This recipe also has the versatility of how you cook it. These types of meals are used regularly when camping. You can cook them right in the hot coals of the campfire. I cooked mine on an indoor electric grill. During the cooler months, these packets can easily be done right in your oven. Now how is that for options?
Add your own flavor!
You can also use the types of seasonings that you want to use! I’ll typically use a great organic Italian seasoning mix. But you can customize the seasonings that you use to your taste!
I actually did a double batch of food when I took the pictures. And so I used 4 sheets of aluminum foil and carefully rolled each of the four sides to close it.
I think it is safe to say that I will be creating and sharing many more of these chicken packet meals! They are so simple, yet so delicious!
This recipe can be tailored for pretty much any dietary concern….it’s all up to you! So it can be grain-free, gluten-free, Paleo, dairy-free! I also have a Greek version of this recipe!
Chicken and Veggies Foil Packet Meal (Recipes for One)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Vegetables of your choice potatoes, bell pepper, green beans, corn, mushrooms, onion, zucchini, yellow squash, carrots, celery, etc
- 1 tbsp butter or extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, ghee, coconut oil
- Seasonings of your choice
- Pre-heat your grill on medium heat.
- Chop your vegetables into chunks or slices
- Cut your chicken into chunks
- Tear off two squares of aluminum foil that are approximately 12×12 and lay one on top of the other.
- Pile vegetables and chicken in the center.
- Top with butter (or oil) and seasonings.
- Bring two sides together and roll them up to close the packet.
- Carefully roll the ends.
- Grill on medium heat for 30-35 minutes, turning packet once. Meal is done when chicken is cooked to 165 degrees F.
- Remove from grill.
- When opening packet, be careful! There will be hot steam inside that can burn you.