Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
Sometimes, it’s easy to run out of time to have a good breakfast in the morning. And a lot of people struggle to find good breakfast ideas that don’t require a lot of prep. That’s when a recipe like this apple cinnamon overnight oatmeal comes in handy! This recipe makes an easy breakfast idea and is perfect for singles who want simple breakfasts.
I absolutely adore overnight oatmeal recipes, particularly when I know I’m going to have a busy day. There is very little prep and that is done the night before! I am going to be sharing some different recipes for overnight oatmeal, but hopefully, once you are comfortable making the oats, you’ll start experimenting with your own flavors!
This recipe calls for a batch of baked apples with cinnamon which you can find here.
During the summer months, I will actually eat this cold, out of the fridge…and it’s nice and refreshing! During the winter months, I like to warm it up a bit! Both are very tasty!
This recipe is naturally gluten-free. Make it dairy-free by using coconut or almond milk.
Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oatmeal (Recipes for One)
- ½ cup oatmeal
- ⅔ cup milk or coconut milk
- 2 tsp honey maple syrup, coconut sugar or 5-10 drops organic stevia (can add more to taste)
- 1 recipe for baked apples with cinnamon look for the link above the recipe
- Make the baked apples with cinnamon in the microwave and allow to cool.
- In a mason jar or lidded container add the oats.
- Pour the milk over top.
- Add the sweetener and cinnamon apples.
- Stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight and voila....you've got breakfast!