I absolutely love barbeque….especially vinegar and mustard based barbeque that is so popular here in South Carolina. So one of the things that I wanted to do was to create a great slow cooker recipe that combines a good Carolina Gold mustard/vinegar sauce with some chicken.
And although you could use whole chicken breast and leave them whole, I prefer to create a pulled chicken recipe that can be served over rice or as a sandwich. You can actually use pork for this recipe and it will work well. I used boneless chicken thigh and it was incredibly tender and tasty!
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (free range preferred)
- ½ cup yellow mustard
- ½ cup raw apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey (can use a little more for a sweeter BBQ)
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1½ tbsp organic soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Spray crock of the slow cooker with olive oil.
- Add chicken.
- Put butter on top of chicken.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8.