Do you like pizza? These zucchini pizza boats have all of that great pizza flavor, without the grains!
So today was day two of my 30 Day Grain Free Challenge and it was a pretty good day….although I was pretty sleepy all day, even though I slept in! So I think that I may be going through a little grain withdrawal (yes, it does exist for some people). Of course, I may have been sleepy because it was gray and rainy here too! Either way, I went ahead and upped the amount of water that I drank today to help flush out toxins.
I have seen recipes for these pizza boats for a few years, and there are so many different variations of this theme that you can be creative with toppings. This makes a really simple and tasty grain free dinner…or lunch!
Here is the recipe for two!
Here is the full recipe!
- 4 zucchini (use organic)
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, finely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded`
- Olive oil
- 1 cup marinara or pizza sauce (organic or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out some of the insides of the zucchini.
- In medium skillet, brown the sausage
- In another skillet, add the olive oil, garlic, mushrooms and onion.
- Saute vegetables until the onion is translucent.
- Add the marinara/pizza sauce and browned sausage.
- Place the zucchini into large baking dish, cut side up.
- Fill each zucchini with sausage sauce mixture.
- Top with black olives and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve!