I made an interesting discovery a couple of weeks ago….I really enjoy broth based soups. So I am using that to my advantage and have been creating different soups using simple ingredients. I literally just sit on my couch at night and think about what ingredients will go well together and voila…this smoked sausage and white bean soup was created.
I purchased a 2 quart manual slow cooker to make the smaller recipes and it is absolutely perfect! It is just the right size! This soup is gluten and grain free.
Simple, satisfying and really delicious too! I strongly believe that those who are single and part of a couple should be able to enjoy homemade recipes. But so many recipes feed 4-6 people. So I’m making a lot of 1-2 person recipes for them…and for me too!
Serve this soup with a great side salad and enjoy!
- 1 lb uncured smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Great Northern or Cannellini beans (or 1 can organic, drained and rinsed)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes, organic, no salt added
- 4 cups chicken broth, homemade preferred
- 1 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- Put all ingredients into your slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours.