When it was time for me to think about new dishes to create and make clean, I decided that I should try a whole food version of homemade pancit. Pancit is a rice noodle dish….a great Filipino dish that is really popular, but simple to make.
This dish was perfect for me to try because I really love to try new foods. This was one that I had not even heard of before!
I was surprised at how easy this dish was to prepare and how quickly I could fix it. Now, the version of Pancit that I made is slightly different than some traditional Pancit. Traditional pancit calls for cabbage and fish sauce. Instead of cabbage, I used green peppers. Some recipes call for pork tenderloin and chicken, but I just used chicken. It was very yummy and made for great leftovers too!!
This recipe is naturally gluten free….bonus!
- 1/2 pkg (8-12 oz) dry brown rice noodles
- 1 tsp extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
- 1/2 onion, chopped finely
- 2 carrots, chopped finely
- 1/4 green bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos or organic soy sauce
- 1 lemons or limes cut into wedges
- Place brown rice noodles in a large bowl with hot water and allow them to sit until softened.
- Drain noodles and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in wok over medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, carrot and green pepper and saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the pre-cooked chicken and coconut aminos and mix well.
- Add noodles and toss well so that the noodles are coated with soy sauce.
- Allow the noodles to cook through, stirring continuously.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and serve!