Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
You may have noticed that I haven’t been around as much over the past few months. A lot has changed in my life at that time. My husband I separated permanently and I moved back into my home. My divorce was finalized at the end of January and I took back my maiden name. I also got a full-time job as a blogger and social media manager for a great company out of California. Working full time has prevented me from being as active here as I would like, but now that I’ve learned the ropes at my new job, I am hoping to post more regularly!
I realized that sometimes as difficult as change can be, it can also be good.
I have grown so much over the past few months and have really learned a lot about who I am and what I want my life to be. And for me, it’s all about living life to the fullest….living a rich, yummy, luscious life! That includes amazing real food and holistic ways of living that make me feel good about who I am!
This year for Valentine’s Day, I made this stuffed chicken breast based on one that I have bought before at a local meat market. I first made it a few months ago for the first time. No recipe, just inspiration….and it turned out so much better than I expected. In fact, I loved it so much that I will definitely be making it often….it’s just way too good not to!
This recipe is fairly simple to make, but it will give any restaurant chicken a run for its money. It is a little more time-consuming to prepare than some of my other recipes but SO worth it!
I’ve made it both gluten and grain-free.
Pair this with some homemade garlic mashed potatoes or rosemary roasted potatoes and some green beans for an amazing dinner!
Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken Breast (Recipes for Two)
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 1 cup spinach de-stemmed
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tbsp butter divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp almond meal
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a saute pan, add ½ tbsp butter, spinach and garlic.
- Saute for 5-10 minutes.
- Place chicken breasts in between two sheets of plastic wrap or in a Ziploc bag.
- Pound out each chicken breast until it's about ½ to ¾ inch thick.
- In a small dish, mix almond meal, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning and salt.
- Melt remaining butter in a small dish.
- Add sauteed spinach and ½ of the feta cheese to the center of each pounded out chicken breast.
- Roll them up.
- Dip each rolled chicken breast into the almond meal mixture so that it's fully coated.
- Using a basting brush, coat each covered chicken breast with melted butter.
- Place each breast on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until chicken is 165 degrees F.