Notice: I’m an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I have really wanted to make a slow cooker stuffed pepper soup for a while. I love making slow cooker recipes like this because they are so simple to make. And they don’t require you to spend hours in the kitchen! I was inspired to make this because I really love stuffed peppers. The flavor combination is something I enjoy. And I saw other recipes for a soup version and was intrigued.
So often I hear that one of the main reasons people continue to eat packaged, processed and fast food is that it is quick and convenient. And it doesn’t take a lot of time to fix. But there are plenty of meals that are quick and simple to make right at home. Meals that are much healthier and nourishing to your body!
This slow cooker recipe is stuffed pepper soup is very hearty and simple to make. It is great topped with some raw shredded cheddar cheese. Paired it with some homemade cornbread or a nice salad full of fresh veggies. You can also substitute fresh pastured ground sausage for the ground beef if you choose!
This recipe is naturally gluten-free, and if you want to make it grain-free, simply substitute cauliflower “rice” in place of regular rice! So simple!
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup (Recipes for Two)
- 1/2 lb ground beef grass fed, browned
- 3/4 cup green pepper chopped into big chunks
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup rice soaked (but not cooked)
- 1/2 cans 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2-2 cups beef broth homemade preferred
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or 2-3 cloves fresh garlic chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cheddar cheese shredded (to top finished soup)
- Brown the ground beef until no pink remains.
- Drain ground beef if necessary.
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker and stir.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or high for 3-4.
- Feel free to add other veggies to this. Some additions that work well are 1 cup fresh or frozen organic corn, diced carrot, celery.
- I also topped this with lots of raw cheddar and it was really yummy!! Leftovers were fantastic too!
- Use 1 1/2 cups of broth is you want a more dense texture, and 2 or a little more if you want more of an actual soup