Notice: I'm an affiliate for Amazon as well as other companies. Any links in this article may be affiliate links. I always appreciate it if you purchase something using my affiliate links. Doing so helps me to raise a little extra money that pays for the costs of running this site. And it allows me to continue bringing you quality content, all without costing you a thing! Thanks!
I absolutely LOVE to bake (and eat) cookies. Of course, since I went gluten-free I haven’t been doing as much baking…and I really miss it! So I decided to make a batch of gluten-free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to fill that craving. But without leaving my tummy in bad shape!
I went to my recipe box and pulled out a conventional recipe that I’ve had for around 20 years. But I had to do a big real food, gluten-free makeover or I would get pretty sick! These turned out really well and they were even better the next day!
I use this brand of chocolate chips because they are soy-free and they taste good too! They work very well in this recipe. Don’t like chocolate chips? You can substitute raisins or other dried fruit of your choice. Just make sure that no sugar has been added to the fruit! Or leave it out altogether and just eat them plain! They are still very yummy…
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup Sucanat or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups gf oatmeal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream together butter and Sucanat until creamy.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together gluten free flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in oats and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.