I absolutely LOVE to bake (and eat) cookies. Of course, since I went gluten free I haven’t been doing as much baking…and I really miss it! So I decided to make a batch of gluten free oatmeal chocolate chip cookies to fill that craving. But without leaving my tummy in bad shape!
I went to my recipe box and pulled out a conventional recipe that I’ve had for around 20 years. But I had to do a big real food, gluten free makeover or I would get pretty sick! These turned out really well and they were even better the next day!
I use this brand of chocolate chips because they are soy free and they taste good too! They work very well in this recipe. Don’t like chocolate chips? You can substitute raisins or other dried fruit of your choice. Just make sure that no sugar has been added to the fruit! Or leave it out all together and just eat them plain! They are still very yummy…
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup Sucanat or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups gf oatmeal
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium mixing bowl cream together butter and Sucanat until creamy.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together gluten free flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in oats and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and mix well.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9-10 minutes for a chewy cookie. Bake 12-13 minutes for a crisp cookie