I am a huge fan of Greek Salad. Seriously…I love them. So much so that I have created a Greek Burger that is topped with some. It is so yummy I almost can’t stand it! Now that I’m trying to avoid many of the store bought versions of my favorite produces, I knew I needed to make my own Greek dressing. Simple ingredients, so you know what you’re putting into your body.
And that makes me a happy and healthier camper! I especially love that this recipe doesn’t contain any hidden sugar. I’m always amazed at just how many products out there do…especially salad dressings! Ugh!
This is now my go to Greek dressing. And I use it on much more than just salads. It actually makes a great marinade for chicken.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- In a closable salad dressing bottle, add all of the ingredients.
- Shake well to mix.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- I have used both apple cider vinegar and red wine vinegar for this recipe. Although the red wine vinegar is better, apple cider vinegar works in a pinch and is still downright yummy!